Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Burday

Even though it was Friday the 13th, I had a great birthday. It started off with breakfast in bed. Lysle woke Kaori up to make breakfast and she was in heaven. She would be telling Lysle, "Okay, honey, it's okay. " They made me an omelet, toast and pancakes with "dip". Kaori was very excited to butter my toast....can you tell?

Then for lunch a bunch of girls came over and we had like a potluck lunch thing. It was fun just to hang out with a bunch of girls for a couple of hours. After they left we had nap time and then we woke up and had some CAKE!



That evening Lysle and I went out to dinner for sushi. It was our first time to do sushi and I was completely lost on what to order. We ended up getting a combo dish with some sushi and some sashimi. It also came with a California roll, spiced tuna roll, and and roll with tempura shrimp in it. We also got a crunch roll, which was very good as well. We pretty much had a "safe" dinner...nothing too drastic. Sushi is one of those things that you can totally pig out on,but it feels "light". However, later...it hits ya.

Saturday night I went out with my friends to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I've got great friends here, I'm pretty lucky. It just sucks that I'm one of the "older" ones of the group. SWEET!

2 comments:

Mireille said...

Happy Birthday Kamiko. I'm glad you had a nice birthday. What happened to Kaori's head? We had to go to the ER yesterday because Evan fell and hit his eybrow on the window sill, and split it open. Head wounds are tough. Anyway, hope 31 is fun!!

Em said...

Kamiko! I came across your blog from a comment you left on someone else's (from the University ward)...How is everything? Your girls are adorable! Duncan and I are here for one more year for internship and then back west for residency. Take care!