Well, right after Grandma and Grandpa O left she decided to put on her princess underwear and hang out. I was cleaning upstairs and I come downstairs and Kaori is sitting on the potty with her dress on and she tells me, "Mom, I did it!" I was like really? And yes she did it! Granted the underwear and dress were wet but it was in the potty. So Kaori finally got a big sticker on her potty chart. And wore her new PJs almost all day. Just two more to go and she will be Princess Cinderella. Man...what a pain!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Making Progress
I have been trying to potty train Kaori for about 3 months now. Well, I can't say training because I don't force it. I just ask if she would like to go on the potty. And she quickly responds with a big, "NO!". So we went to Target about 2 months ago to pick out a toy. She picked a Cinderella dress. I told her that if she goes "pee pee on the potty" ( love that phrase ) three times then she could have a Cinderella dress. Kaori's response was very positive and I actually thought that this would work. Well it's been 2 months since that day. She will see her chart and repeats to me with a huge smile and sometimes some jumping up and down, "Mom, pee pee on the potty three times and I get a Cinderella dress!" And I say, "yes that is right. Do you want to go sit on the potty?" "uhmm..no". This is a picture of her displaying her chart. She has small stickers for just sitting on the potty. But no big stickers on the toilets. My latest bribe which is why this picture exists is...if she goes ONE time she can wear her new Cinderella PJs. This bribe has been around for about a week and a half.

Well, right after Grandma and Grandpa O left she decided to put on her princess underwear and hang out. I was cleaning upstairs and I come downstairs and Kaori is sitting on the potty with her dress on and she tells me, "Mom, I did it!" I was like really? And yes she did it! Granted the underwear and dress were wet but it was in the potty. So Kaori finally got a big sticker on her potty chart. And wore her new PJs almost all day. Just two more to go and she will be Princess Cinderella. Man...what a pain!
Well, right after Grandma and Grandpa O left she decided to put on her princess underwear and hang out. I was cleaning upstairs and I come downstairs and Kaori is sitting on the potty with her dress on and she tells me, "Mom, I did it!" I was like really? And yes she did it! Granted the underwear and dress were wet but it was in the potty. So Kaori finally got a big sticker on her potty chart. And wore her new PJs almost all day. Just two more to go and she will be Princess Cinderella. Man...what a pain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cute girl. Thanks for posting the blog here too. Hopefully everyone in our family will want to participate and get this thing going!!
Potty training is the pits, I am trying to get Luke to go potty, but I can't seem to figure out how to let him use his trigger.
Post a Comment