Last Friday, during our visit to Houston, we took a drive down to Galveston. The beachfront and city was devastated by Ike in September. It was apparent through washed away stretches of beachfront, abandoned hotels, broken docks and some random pick up truck that will forever be stuck on a disconnected pier.
Nevertheless, it still had a nice beach we got to visit. It was windy, so the waves were really fun to splash around in.

I was absolutely amazed that we could just drive right on the beach. The sand was so compact, it felt like a soft asphalt. Nice ride Kuya.

The girls were so cute playing on the beach. I can't believe how gorgeous they are. They're just like little dolls.
The Oliveros kids reunited. It was so fun! It's been too long since the four of us have been together. We had such a good time playing in the waves. Enoch and Kuya were making us all laugh so hard, then when a wave would hit, we'd drown a little. It was great, but I swallowed so much salt water, it wasn't funny anymore. OK, maybe still a little funny.

Then Kuya busted out with the BBQ. He marinated chicken and made burgers. Very delicious.

The seagulls thought so too.

Thanks for taking us down to Galveston. That was so much fun. I'm also going to post more pictures on my Steed Blog. So for a more unedited version of the beach scenery, come by. I miss everyone already!
No comments:
Post a Comment