Since the beginning of March, Lysle has been super super busy. He had architecture contests/travel grants to apply to (a total of 8?), which he had to make a portfolio of all the things he had worked on that year. One of the contests was for his thesis, so that needed a presentation. Some needed essays with a travel itinerary and research. Plus on top of all that he had finals and work. Lysle has his own little business doing some design on the side. So seriously I could count on one hand how many times we actually went to bed at the same time. He could probably count on one hand how many hours of sleep he got every 3 days. It was really bad. But last week Rice had there annual grant/prize ceremony. They gave away $230,000 to students in the architecture program that day. Lysle came home with some great paper as well....

$8500 - Hello Spain

$2000 - Hello Day spa in Switzerland
click here to see

$5000 - Hello......thesis (yeah!)
We are planning on doing all this travel in August before he starts his FINAL semester at Rice. I'm very excited to take off for two weeks with my talented husband. He completely deserves this vacation. I love you Lysle. I'm lucky to have you. Seriously...lucky.
Here is a portfolio that Lysle entered at a national level. Each Ivy league school in the U.S. selected 3 student's portfolios...he didn't get the prize but was given an honorable mention. It came out absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't tell the story....plus I suck as a writer and won't even attempt to because I'll screw it up. So come visit and let Lysle explain and tell you what is behind the "design" of this.


1 comment:
Congratulations Kuya! Have fun in Europe. Although I envy the European vacation, I don't envy what you had to do to earn it.
Post a Comment