Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Miracle Working Mom


On the 19th of April, our baby Quino (Joaquin) will be turning one year old. As Korean tradition goes, on his one year birthday he will have to choose his life's path, rather he will have to choose between an "Orange" (education), "String" (long life), or a "Golden Coin" (wealth). Kaori and Rori did the same thing for their first birthdays as well.

Well the miracle comes in when Kamiko and I were looking for his "Hanbok" (customary Korean outfit), thinking Houston had a large Korean population we couldn't find one anywhere in the city, even looking outwards to Las Angeles to get this Hanbok. In despiration, I called Mom last minute on Monday and she sends us this AMAZING Hanbok in one day...

Mom, you are the best! You will make Quino's special birthday one to remember.

We Love You!!

1 comment:

Mireille said...

So CUTE! I can't believe he's already turning one!! Time flies. Can't wait to see him - if you guys actually come out...